Legal Terms of Sale
- These terms
- What these terms cover. These are the terms and conditions on which we supply products to you, whether these are goods, services or digital content.
- Why you should read them. Please read these terms carefully before you submit your order to us. These terms tell you who we are, how we will provide products to you, how you and we may change or end the contract, what to do if there is a problem and other important information. If you think that there is a mistake in these terms [or require any changes], please contact us to discuss.
- Who we are. We are Sazy Limited t/a Sazy a company registered in England and Wales. Our company registration number is 13478460 and our registered office is at 64 Baker Street, London, England, W1U 7GB and our trading address is Morelands 5-27 Old Street EC1 London, England. Our registered VAT number is 393 9128 60.
- How to contact us. You can contact us by telephoning our customer service team at 07459 817 946 or by writing to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or Morelands 5-27 Old Street EC1 London, England.
- How we may contact you. If we have to contact you we will do so by telephone or by writing to you at the email address or postal address you provided to us in your order.
- When the following words are used anywhere in these Terms, they will have the meanings set out below:
- Sazy, we, us, our: Sazy Limited, as further described in clause 2 above.
- Goods, goods: the product(s) that we are selling to you, as set out in the Order.
- Order, order: your order for the Goods.
- Our website, the website, Site: the website at the domain sazy.com.
- Services: portage, installment, planning, upholstery, etc. either as an integral part of the Goods or as separate offers, e.g. as a one-off service (as the case may be).
- Terms: the terms and conditions set out in this document.
- working day: a day other than a Saturday, Sunday or public/bank holiday in England.
- Writing includes emails.
- How we will accept your order. Our acceptance of your order will take place when we email you to accept it, at which point a contract will come into existence between you and us.
- If we cannot accept your order. If we are unable to accept your order, we will inform you of this and will not charge you for the product in question. This might be because the product is out of stock, because of unexpected limits on our resources which we could not reasonably plan for, because a credit reference we have obtained for you does not meet our minimum requirements, because we have identified an error in the price or description of the product or because we believe that we will be unable to meet a delivery deadline you have specified.
- Your order number. We will assign an order number to your order and tell you what it is when we accept your order. It will help us if you can tell us the order number whenever you contact us about your order.
- We only sell to the UK. Our website is solely for the promotion of our products in the UK. Unfortunately, we are delivering only to addresses at the Mainland UK.
- Products may vary slightly from their pictures. The images of the products on our website are for illustrative purposes only. Although we have made every effort to display the colours accurately, we cannot guarantee that a device's display of the colours accurately reflects the colour of the products. Your product may vary slightly from those images; although we have made every effort to be as accurate as possible, because some of our products may be handmade. All sizes, weights, capacities, dimensions and measurements indicated on our website are approximate.
- Product packaging may vary. The packaging of the product may vary from that shown in images on our website as our intention is to offer you the most protective packaging, bearing in mind the nature of the goods or the delivery address you have requested.
- Making sure your measurements are accurate. If we are producing or have produced the product as per the measurements you have given us, you are responsible for ensuring that these measurements are correct. You can find information and tips on how to measure on our website here or by contacting us.
- Minor changes to the products. We may change the product:
- to reflect changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements ; and
- to implement minor technical adjustments and improvements, for example to address a security threat. These changes should not affect your use of the product.
- More significant changes to the products and these terms. In addition, as may be mentioned in the description of the product on our website, we may make changes to the product, but if we do so we will notify you and you may then contact us to end the contract before the changes take effect and receive a refund for any products paid for but not received.
- Delivery costs. The costs of delivery will be as displayed to you on our website.
- When we will provide the products. We will provide the products to you as per the following:
- If the products are goods. If the products are goods, we will deliver them to you within the delivery time frame indicated at the order confirmation and in any event within thirty (30) days after the day on which we accept your order. Where your order is for a large item (like furniture), we will contact you to agree a delivery date, which will be within thirty (30) days after the day on which we accept your order.
- If the products are one-off services. We will begin the services on the date agreed with you during the order process]. The completion date for the services will be that notified to you during the order process.
- We are not responsible for delays outside our control. If our supply of the products is delayed by an event outside our control, then we will contact you as soon as possible to let you know and we will take steps to minimise the effect of the delay. Provided we do this, we will not be liable for delays caused by the event, but if there is a risk of substantial delay you may contact us to end the contract and receive a refund for any products you have paid for but not received.
- Collection by you. If you have asked to collect the products from our premises, you can collect them from us at any time during our working hours of 10.00 am to 6 pm on weekdays (excluding public holidays). Please contact us for the information about the collection premisses.
- If you are not at home when the product is delivered. If no one is available at your address to take delivery and the products cannot be posted through your letterbox, our courier will leave you a note informing you of how to rearrange delivery or collect the products from a local depot. The time printed on our courier’s delivery slip or if none, the time it was posted through your letterbox or left at your premises, will be treated as the time our courier attempted delivery.
- If you do not re-arrange delivery. If you do not collect the products from us as arranged or if, after a failed delivery to you, you do not re-arrange delivery or collect them from a delivery depot we will contact you for further instructions. If, despite our reasonable efforts, we are unable to contact you or re-arrange delivery or collection, we may end the contract and clause 10 will apply.
- If you do not allow us access to provide services. If you do not allow us access to your property to perform the services as arranged, we will contact to you and arrange for a new date to perform the service. If, despite our reasonable efforts, we are unable to contact you or re-arrange access to your property, we may end the contract and clause 10 will apply.
- Your legal rights if we deliver goods late. You have legal rights if we deliver any goods late. If we miss the delivery deadline for any goods, then you may treat the contract as at an end straight away if any of the following apply:
- we have refused to deliver the goods;
- delivery within the delivery deadline was essential (taking into account all the relevant circumstances, e.g., type, seasonality, purpose, relevance of the goods in question); or
- you precisely told us before we accepted your order that delivery within the delivery deadline was essential.
- Setting a new deadline for delivery. If you do not wish to treat the contract as at an end straight away, or do not have the right to do so under clause 8, you can give us a new deadline for delivery, which must be reasonable, and you can treat the contract as at an end if we do not meet the new deadline.
- Ending the contract for late delivery. If you do choose to treat the contract as at an end for late delivery under clause 8, you can cancel your order for any of the goods or reject goods that have been delivered after the delivery deadline. If you wish, you can reject or cancel the order for some of those goods (not all of them), unless splitting them up would significantly reduce their value. After that we will refund any sums, you have paid to us for the cancelled goods and their delivery.
- When you become responsible for the goods. A product which is goods will be your responsibility from the time we deliver the product to the address you gave us or you or a carrier organised by you collect it from us.
- When you own goods. You own a product which is goods once we have received payment in full.
- What will happen if you do not give required information to us. We may need certain information from you so that we can supply the products to you, for example, your billing and delivery addresses. If so, this will have been stated in the description of the products on our website. We will contact you to ask more or clarified information. If you do not give us this information within a reasonable time of us asking for it, or if you give us incomplete or incorrect information, we may either end the contract (and clause 10 will apply). We will not be responsible for supplying the products late or not supplying any part of them if this is caused by you not giving us the information, we need within a reasonable time of us asking for it.
- Reasons we may suspend the supply of products to you. We may have to suspend the supply of a product to:
- deal with technical problems or make minor technical changes;
- update the product to reflect changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements;
- make changes to the product as requested by you or notified by us to you (see clause 6).
- Your rights if we suspend the supply of products. We will contact you in advance to tell you we will be suspending supply of the product. You may contact us to end the contract for a product if we suspend it, or tell you we are going to suspend it, in each case for a period of more than one month, with any reason whatsoever and in such a case, we will refund any sums you have paid in advance for the product.
- You can always end your contract with us. Your rights when you end the contract will depend on what you have bought, whether there is anything wrong with it, how we are performing and when you decide to end the contract:
- If what you have bought is faulty or misdescribed you may have a legal right to end the contract (or to get the product repaired or replaced or a service re-performed or to get some or all of your money back), see clause 11;
- If you want to end the contract because of something we have done or have told you we are going to do, see topic “Ending the contract because of something we have done or are going to do” below;
- If you have just changed your mind about the product, see this clause 8. You may be able to get a refund if you are within the cooling-off period, except for the goods that you do not have right to change your mind (see clause 8); but this may be subject to deductions for any losses we may sustain as a result of the contract coming to an end and you will have to pay the costs of return of any goods (see our Delivery & Return Rates);
- In all other cases (if we are not at fault and there is no right to change your mind), see the last bullet under this clause 8.
- Ending the contract because of something we have done or are going to do. If you are ending a contract for a reason set out at (a) to (e) below, the contract will end immediately and we will refund you in full for any products which have not been provided. The reasons are:
- we have told you about an upcoming change to the product or these terms which you do not agree to
- we have told you about an error in the price or description of the product you have ordered and you do not wish to proceed;
- there is a risk that supply of the products may be significantly delayed because of events outside our control and you do not wish to accept any delay to the delivery date;
- we have suspended supply of the products for technical reasons, or notify you we are going to suspend them for technical reasons, in each case for a period of more than one month; or
- you have a legal right to end the contract because of something we have done wrong (including because we have delivered late as per this clause 8.
- Exercising your right to change your mind (Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013). For most products bought online you have a legal right to change your mind within fourteen (14) days (“cooling-off period” or “cancellation period”) and receive a refund. These rights, under the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013, are explained in more detail in these terms.
- When you don't have the right to change your mind. You do not have a right to change your mind in respect of:
- Expiry of the cooling-off period;
- Services, once these have been completed, even if the cancellation period is still running;
- products sealed for health protection or hygiene purposes, once these have been unsealed after you receive them and the products cannot be re-sold or re-used after their return;
- any products which become mixed inseparably with other items after their delivery.
- How long do I have to change my mind? Depends on what you have ordered and how it is delivered.
- Have you bought services? If so, you have fourteen (14) days after the day we email you to confirm we accept your order. However, once we have completed the services you cannot change your mind, even if the period is still running. If you cancel after we have started the services, you must pay us for the services provided up until the time you tell us that you have changed your mind.
- Have you bought goods? if so, you have fourteen (14) days after the day you (or someone you nominate) receives the goods, unless:
- Your goods are split into several deliveries over different days. In this case you have until fourteen (14) days after the day you (or someone you nominate) receives the last delivery to change your mind about the goods.
- Your goods are for regular delivery over a set period (for example every week). In this case you have until fourteen (14) days after the day you (or someone you nominate) receives the first delivery of the goods.
- Ending the contract where we are not at fault and there is no right to change your mind. Even if we are not at fault and you do not have a right to change your mind, you can still end the contract before it is completed, but you may have to pay us compensation. A contract for goods is completed when the product is delivered. A contract for services is completed when we have finished providing the services and you have paid for them in full. If you want to end a contract before it is completed where we are not at fault and you do not have a right to change your mind, just contact us to let us know. The contract will end immediately, and we will refund any sums paid by you for products not provided but we may deduct from that refund amount our return delivery costs, if any (see our Delivery & Return Rates).
- Tell us you want to end the contract. To end the contract with us, please let us know by doing one of the following:
- Phone or email. Call customer services using the details set out in clause 2. Please provide your name, home address, details of the order and, where available, your phone number and email address.
- Online. Please activate your contract ending demand with providing your name, home address, details of the order and, where available, your phone number and email address to the online support facility at our website.
- By post. Please write and post to us with using our trading office address as set out in clause 2 with providing your name, home address, details of the order and, where available, your phone number and email address.
- Returning products after ending the contract. If you end the contract for any reason after products have been dispatched to you or you have received them, you must return them to us. You must either return the goods in person to where you bought them, post them back to us using the details set out in clause 1 or (if they are not suitable for posting) allow us to collect them from you. Please call customer services using the details set out in clause 2 for a return label or to arrange collection. If you are exercising your right to change your mind you must send off the goods within fourteen (14) days of telling us that you wish to end the contract.
- When we will pay the costs of return. We will pay the costs of return:
- if the products are faulty or misdescribed;
- if you are ending the contract because we have told you of an upcoming change to the product or these terms, an error in pricing or description, a delay in delivery due to events outside our control or because you have a legal right to do so as a result of something we have done wrong
- In all other circumstances (including where you are exercising your right to change your mind) you must bear the costs of return delivery and if you wish to return the goods in question to us via our contracted courier or wish us to arrange the collection those from you, our return delivery or our collection costs (see our Delivery & Return Rates) may be deducted from your refund.
- How we will refund you. We will refund you the price you paid for the products including delivery costs, by the method you used for payment. However, we may make deductions from the price, as described below.
- Deductions from refunds if you are exercising your right to change your mind. If you are exercising your right to change your mind:
- We may reduce your refund of the price (excluding delivery costs) to reflect any reduction in the value of the goods if this has been caused by your handling them in a way which would not be permitted in a shop or refuse your refund where the goods are not in a fully re-saleable condition. See our Returns Page for information about what handling is acceptable and examples. We made your refund after our inspection on the returned product.
- Products that fall into the following categories for which you do not have right to change your mind, will not be refunded unless they are proven to be faulty:
- Any goods made to a customer's own specifications, e.g., made to measure or personalised items and bespoke furniture as manufactured or upholstered as per your preferences;
- Self-assembly furniture cannot be returned once assembly is partly or fully completed, unless the furniture will be disassembled without any damage and put back into its undamaged package;
- Mattresses or mattress toppers, bed linen or pillows that are even not unopened and in their original packaging.
- Products sealed for health protection or hygiene purposes, once these have been unsealed after you receive them and the products cannot be re-sold or re-used after their return;
- Products which become mixed inseparably with other items after their delivery;
- Completed services.
- When your refund will be made. We will make any refunds due to you after our entitled deductions hereof, as soon as possible. If you are exercising your right to change your mind then:
- If the products are goods and we have not offered to collect them, your refund will be made within fourteen (14) days from the day on which we receive the product back from you or, if earlier, the day on which you provide us with evidence that you have sent the product back to us. For information about how to return a product to us, see topic “Returning products after ending the contract” under this clause 9.
- In all other cases, your refund will be made within fourteen (14) days of your telling us you have changed your mind.
- We may end the contract if you break it. We may end the contract for a product at any time by writing to you if:
- you do not, within a reasonable time of us asking for it, provide us with information that is necessary for us to provide the products, for example, your delivery address;
- you do not, within a reasonable time, allow us to deliver the products to you or collect them from us;
- you do not, within a reasonable time, allow us access to your premises to supply the services.
- If we end the contract in the situations set out in the previous bullet, we will refund any money you have paid in advance for products we have not provided but we may deduct from refund the incurred storage costs and return cost (see our Delivery & Return Rates) accrued while we trying to deliver the products to you up to the end of the reasonable time as stated above herein this clause 10.
- We may withdraw the product. We may write to you to let you know that we are going to stop providing the product. We will let you know at least three working days in advance of our stopping the supply of the product and will refund any sums you have paid in advance for products which will not be provided.
- How to tell us about problems. If you have any questions or complaints about the product, please contact us. You can telephone our customer service team or e-mail to us using the details set out in clause 2.
- Summary of your legal rights. We are under a legal duty to supply products that are in conformity with this contract. See the box below for a summary of your key legal rights in relation to the product. Nothing in these terms will affect your legal rights.
Summary of your key legal rights
This is a summary of your key legal rights. These are subject to certain exceptions. For detailed information please visit the Citizens Advice website www.adviceguide.org.uk or call 03454 04 05 06.
If your product is goods (for example furniture), the Consumer Rights Act 2015 says goods must be as described, fit for purpose and of satisfactory quality. During the expected lifespan of your product your legal rights entitle you to the following:
a) Up to 30 days: if your goods are faulty, then you can get an immediate refund.
b) Up to six months: if your goods can't be repaired or replaced, then you're entitled to a full refund, in most cases.
c) Up to six years: if your goods do not last a reasonable length of time you may be entitled to some money back.
d) If the fault can't be fixed, or if it hasn't been fixed within a reasonable time and without significant inconvenience, you can get some or all of your money back.
e) If you can show the fault has damaged your item and we haven't used reasonable care and skill, you may be entitled to a repair or compensation
See also clause 8.
If your product is services, for example a support contract for maintenance of a product, the Consumer Rights Act 2015 says:
a) You can ask us to repeat or fix a service if it's not carried out with reasonable care and skill, or get some money back if we can't fix it.
b) If you haven't agreed a price beforehand, what you're asked to pay must be reasonable.
c) If you haven't agreed a time beforehand, it must be carried out within a reasonable time.
See also Exercising your right to change your mind (Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013). as a guidance note from Which? i.e., one of the UK’s leading consumer associations.
- Your obligation to return rejected products. If you wish to exercise your legal rights to reject products, you must either return them in person to where you bought them, post them back to us or (if they are not suitable for posting) allow us to collect them from you. We will pay the costs of postage or collection. Please call customer services using the details set out in clause 2 for a return label or to arrange collection.
- Where to find the price for the product. The price of the product (which includes VAT at the prevailing rate) will be the price indicated on the order page when you placed your order. We use our best efforts to ensure that the price of the product advised to you is correct. However please see bullet 3 under this clause 12 (“What happens if we got the price wrong”) for what happens if we discover an error in the price of the product you order.
- We will pass on changes in the rate of VAT. If the rate of VAT changes between your order date and the date we supply the product, we will adjust the rate of VAT that you pay, unless you have already paid for the product in full before the change in the rate of VAT takes effect.
- What happens if we got the price wrong. It is always possible that, despite our best efforts, some of the products we sell may be incorrectly priced. We will normally check prices before accepting your order so that, where the product's correct price at your order date is less than our stated price at your order date, we will charge the lower amount. If the product's correct price at your order date is higher than the price stated to you, we will contact you for your instructions before we accept your order. If we accept and process your order where a pricing error is obvious and unmistakeable and could reasonably have been recognised by you as a mispricing, we may end the contract, refund you any sums you have paid and require the return of any goods provided to you.
- When you must pay and how you must pay. We accept payment with most credit and debit cards, details of which will be set out on the payment page of our payment provider. When you must pay depends on what product you are buying:
- For goods, you must pay for the products at the finalization of the order.
- For services, [you must make an advance payment of 100% of the price of the services, before we start providing them.
Card authorisation. You confirm that the credit or debit card that is being used is yours. All credit/debit cardholders are subject to validation checks and authorisation by the card issuer. If the issuer of your payment card refuses to or does not, for any reason, authorise payment to us, we will not be liable for any delay or non-delivery.
- Refusal of Transaction. We reserve the right to withdraw any products from the Site at any time and/or remove or edit any materials or content on it. We may refuse to process a transaction for any reason or refuse service to anyone at any time at our sole discretion.
- We will not be liable to you or any third party by reason of our withdrawing any product from the Site, whether or not that product has been sold, removing or editing any materials or content on the Site, refusing to process a transaction or unwinding or suspending any transaction after processing has begun.
- To be eligible to purchase products on the Site and lawfully enter into and form contracts on this Website under English law you must:
- register by providing your real name, phone number, email address, payment details and other requested information
- be over eighteen years of age
- stipulate a delivery address in the United Kingdom. Please note that PO box numbers, hotels and accommodation addresses are not acceptable
- possess a valid credit or debit card issued by a bank acceptable to us.
- By making an offer to buy a product, you specifically authorise us to transmit information (including any updated information) or to obtain information about you from third parties from time to time, including but not limited to, your debit or credit card number or credit reports, to authenticate your identity, to validate your credit card, to obtain an initial credit card authorisation and to authorise individual purchase transactions.
- Our third party carrier will contact you directly to arrange a delivery/collection. They will offer you the first available date and time slot for delivery in your area. In most cases they will offer you a date within a week, although deliveries may be less frequent for outlying areas.
- We only deliver through a ground floor or basement entrance and go up to a second-floor level. We cannot deliver above this level unless there is suitable lift access. If you require a special delivery, any extra charges are to be paid by you.
- If we attempt to make a delivery on the delivery date/timeslot that you have accepted and no one is present to receive the goods, we will contact to you to arrange the repeat delivery.
Contract Cancellation and Returns Procedure for Furniture Orders
- You have right to exercise cancellation for the furniture orders within fourteen (14) days upon the delivery to you, even the delivered good to you is not damaged or defective and is reflecting exactly what you have ordered, subject to below listed conditions. Please note that the bespoke furniture manufactured or upholstered as per your preferences could not be subject to cancellation and return unless those were damaged or defective at the time of the delivery to you.
If you wish to cancel your order once your order has been dispatched, please note the following procedure will apply:
- Should you wish to return a furniture item, we will arrange to collect this item from you and will apply an appropriate return collection charge.
- See our Delivery & Return Rates regarding the return collection charge to be applied and will be deducted from the refund value when processed.
- To arrange a collection, please contact the customer service team using the details set out in clause 2.
- Sazy reserves the right to refuse a refund on the item, should it not be returned in a fully resaleable condition.
- You will be reimbursed to the card with which you paid for the goods once the goods have been received back into our warehouse subject to deductions stated hereabove. Please note that your original delivery charges will not be refunded. A refund of the delivery charge will only be given in the instance of incorrect, damaged, or faulty goods.
- You will be responsible for providing access to the delivery address as necessary for the delivery. You must also ensure that access is suitable for the delivery of your goods, for example a wide enough doorway, sufficient space to manoeuvre the goods through your abode, a road accessible road to the delivery van and parking permits made available at your own cost, if required.
- Where there is any doubt, we suggest you conduct a site survey prior to placing your order and then make us aware of any issues, so we can discuss the best way of delivering to you. We will not pay for any additional charges or damages caused to your goods or property due to access issues that are not advised and agreed upon in advance.
- We retain the rights to cancel your order or to fulfil the delivery to you at the front door of your delivery address, in the event we are not able to place the order with our supplier into your desired place due to the inaccessibility. If we cancel the contract in such a case, we will refund all payments in full except for the bespoke furniture manufactured or upholstered as per your preferences but we will not be required to pay out any compensation and we will be entitled to deduct carriage and return delivery costs from your return (see our Delivery & Return Rates).
- The dimensions given in the product description are written for your guidance. Before ordering, please ensure that there is adequate room to take the furniture through any doorways and windows, taking note of any restricted passageways, stairs and awkward turns. Please refer to our Measurement Guidelines under each product for further information.
- Wood. With exposure to light and air, cherrywood, maple and oak will mature to a deeper colour. This will be most pronounced in cherrywood, which mellows to a deep copper colour. For this reason objects placed on surfaces could leave 'shadows' when removed. Should this happen, exposure to daylight will eventually darken these paler areas.
- Leather. Leather is a natural product and each hide will have its own individual characteristics and natural marks. Differences in the grain, texture and colour may be apparent from one hide to another and even within the same hide. We select only hides of the highest quality, but some marking is inevitable and should be accepted as part of the individual appearance of leather furniture.
Short Delivery, Defective or Damaged Goods
- We strongly advise you to thoroughly check your goods upon receipt. To protect your interests, any claim concerning short delivery and/or damaged and/or defective goods found on delivery or concerning damaged or defective goods found at a later date, must be notified as soon as possible to our customer services department using the details set out in clause 2 above. We do not accept any claims for damage caused by you.
- We are responsible to you for foreseeable loss and damage caused by us. If we fail to comply with these terms, we are responsible for loss or damage you suffer that is a foreseeable result of our breaking this contract or our failing to use reasonable care and skill, but we are not responsible for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable. Loss or damage is foreseeable if either it is obvious that it will happen or if, at the time the contract was made, both we and you knew it might happen, for example, if you discussed it with us during the sales process.
- We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors; for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; for breach of your legal rights in relation to the products, including the right to receive products (a) matching with the product descriptions and/or information provided by us or (b) same as the sample or model seen or examined by you or (c) which are as described and match with the information we provided to you and any sample or model seen or examined by you; of satisfactory quality; fit for any particular purpose made known to us; supplied with reasonable skill and care and, where installed by us, correctly installed; and for defective products under the Consumer Protection Act 1987
- When we are liable for damage to your property. If we are providing services in your property, we will make good any damage to your property caused by us while doing so. However, we are not responsible for the cost of repairing any pre-existing faults or damage to your property that we discover while providing the services.
- We are not liable for business losses. We only supply the products for domestic and private use. If you use the products for any commercial, business or re-sale purpose we will have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
- We may transfer this agreement to someone else. We may transfer our rights and obligations under these terms to another organisation. We will always tell you in writing if this happens and we will ensure that the transfer will not affect your rights under the contract . If you are unhappy with the transfer, you may contact us to end the contract within one month of us telling you about it and we will refund you any payments you have made in advance for products not provided.
- You need our consent to transfer your rights to someone else (except that you can always transfer our guarantee). You may only transfer your rights or your obligations under these terms to another person if we agree to this in writing. We reserve the right not to agree to this, in our absolute discretion, in certain circumstances.
- Nobody else has any rights under this contract (except someone you pass your guarantee on to). This contract is between you and us. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of its terms. Neither of us will need to get the agreement of any other person in order to end the contract or make any changes to these terms.
- If a court finds part of this contract illegal, the rest will continue in force. Each of the paragraphs of these terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
- Even if we delay in enforcing this contract, we can still enforce it later. If we do not insist immediately that you do anything you are required to do under these terms, or if we delay in taking steps against you in respect of your breaking this contract, that will not mean that you do not have to do those things and it will not prevent us taking steps against you at a later date. For example, if you miss a payment and we do not chase you but we continue to provide the products, we can still require you to make the payment at a later date.
- Which laws apply to this contract and where you may bring legal proceedings. These terms are governed by English law and you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the products in the English courts. If you live in Scotland you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the products in either the Scottish or the English courts. If you live in Northern Ireland you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the products in either the Northern Irish or the English courts.
- Alternative dispute resolution.
- Alternative dispute resolution is a process where an independent body considers the facts of a dispute and seeks to resolve it, without you having to go to court. If you are not happy with how we have handled any complaint, you may want to contact the alternative dispute resolution provider we use (for furniture purchases, please see the following bullet below). You can submit a complaint to Consumer Arbitration via their website at https://consumerarbitration.co.uk. Consumer Arbitration will not charge you for making a complaint and if you are not satisfied with the outcome you can still bring legal proceedings.
- For unresolved complaints regarding furniture, you can contact The Furniture & Home Improvement Ombudsman for impartial advise. Established by the government in 1992, the Furniture & Home Improvement Ombudsman is an independent not-for-profit organisation which specialises in providing alternative dispute resolution services for consumers and businesses in the retail, furniture and home improvement sectors. For more information, visit their website at https://www.fhio.org/.